Celebrity News

I Am Very Happy With The American Support - Patrice Nganang

The university expelled to the United States at the end of December 2017, granted an interview to La Nouvelle Expression published this January 4, 2018. 

Cameroon-Info.Net selected some excerpts:

Question: What were your conditions of detention in Kondengui?

Patrice Nganang: to describe the conditions of my incarceration will scandalize many, because there are several levels: first the legal level which is that for several days, I was arrested in international zone, at Douala airport; that I was weaned from all contact, both with my family and with my lawyers, that I was taken to prison on new charges that all fell like shifting sand.
Patrice Nganang
But there are also tribal conditions. And I will talk about it openly. Well because it is necessary that the Cameroonians know the truth of what I saw and lived, know that those who stopped me in Douala and driven to Yaoundé were all Beti, except one. So they spoke to each other in their language and I only remembered the word "nkukuma" because they are called Biya like that between them.

The PJ where I was, the political police, is 90% francophone - no need to guess the tribe over there, because one of the chief commissioners himself, and I have his name, talked about "bulu power" . I met only two anglophones, one of whom was in Buea with me.

Those who welcomed me to Kondengui on December 13 at night were all Beti. Including the stage manager! And spoke their language downright. I slept in quarter 11, at 90% Beti, where they put me without asking me my opinion, because I wanted to be either district 1 or district 3 to be with English speakers.

No comments