Celebrity News

Ahmadou Babatoura Ahidjo The First President of Cameroon - Must Regret Leaving Cameroon To This Man

By saying goodbye Saturday to the Cameroonian people, the first President of the country had spoken of a booming economy and abundant and varied natural resources

The entirety of his speech to the nation "Cameroonians, Cameroonians, my dear compatriots, I decided to resign as President of the Republic of Cameroon

This decision will take effect on Saturday, November 6 at 10 am On this momentous occasion, I would like from the bottom of my heart to thank all those who, for nearly 25 years, have given me their confidence and helped me in carrying out my heavy tasks at the head of the State.
Ahmadou Babatoura Ahidjo The First President of Cameroon - Must Regret Leaving Cameroon To This Man
I would especially like to thank the activists of our great National Party, the UNC for their full, constant and unshakeable support.

If much remains to be done in the great and long work of building our dear and beautiful country, we have achieved together after Independence, Reunification and Unification, considerable progress in all fields.
Our country has important assets. Consolidated national unity, numerous, diverse and complementary resources, a continuously expanding economy, sound finances, improved social justice, a vibrant working population and vibrant youth, strong and fruitful relations of friendship and cooperation in Africa and the world.

I invite all Cameroonians to unreservedly grant their confidence and to assist my constitutional successor, Mr. Paul Biya. He deserves the trust of everyone, inside and out. I urge you to remain a united, patriotic, hardworking, dignified and respected people.

I pray to Almighty God to continue to provide the people of Cameroon with the protection and help they need for their development in peace, unity and justice.

No comments